Sliderwall, SharePoint and IE

Posted by jcc105 
Sliderwall, SharePoint and IE
November 15, 2011 01:29PM
Sliderwall looks really cool, so I thought I'd give it a go on a SharePoint site, but I can't getit to load in Internet Explorer.

Running a supplied sample skin from a local folder works fine in IE and Firefox, with no errors.

When I upload everything to a SharePoint 2010 library however, something odd happens. The sample still works fine in FireFox, but doesn't load in IE8 or IE9. After some arduous testing, I've found that the load function $(document).ready(function() { drops into the catch(err) with the error "Unable to get the value of the property 'config': object is null or undefined", but only when viewed in Internet Explorer.

Anyone have any similar problems?

Thanks
Chris
Re: Sliderwall, SharePoint and IE
November 18, 2011 12:18PM
Chris, sliderWall galleries don't work in IE8 or previous versions. "SliderWall was developed to work on all HTML5 and CSS3 supporting browsers, including the latest Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera and Internet Explorer 9+ browsers. JavaScript must be enabled in your browser for SliderWall to work. SliderWall is compatible with jQuery version 1.6+. "
Anyway it should work fine in IE9. Is there a link from where you added the gallery, that you can give us, in order to run some tests?
September 04, 2012 08:53PM
I'm having the same issue, trying to run the slider within SharePoint. It works just fine in IE9 on it's own, but once it's in SharePoint, I see the following error: SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property 'config': object is null or undefined.
September 06, 2012 11:28AM
I'm not quite familiar with SharePoint, so my suggestion at this point is to try and embed the gallery by using iframe the same way as you see here [www.sliderwall.com] and perhaps it will work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login